The Red Wagon Project
The Red Wagon Project is a collaborative effort between teens in the community and Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt. The project provides support items for Children’s Hospital's patients and their families during their stay. Red Wagon Project Ambassadors are recruited to coordinate donation drives in their schools, churches, community organizations and neighborhoods.
Participate in The Red Wagon Project
- Sign up to become a Red Wagon Ambassador. Email email@example.com to get started.
- Schedule your donation drive with your school, youth group or organization.
- Visit Champ's Toy Chest to identify the hospital’s most urgent needs for the month.
- Determine what item(s) you will collect.
- Coordinate all communications and promotions of your drive.
- Host your donation drive.
- Schedule delivery of your donations to the hospital by calling (615) 322-2379 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post a photo of your efforts to the Children's Hospital Facebook page.
To schedule a Red Wagon to appear at your event for collection or promotion purposes, email email@example.com. Availability is based on the existing schedule.
How did The Red Wagon Project begin?
If you walk through the halls of Children’s Hospital, you’ll likely see a patient or two being transported in a red wagon. When sisters Sara and Erin Puryear saw the red wagons, they came up with the idea of recruiting friends to help fill the wagons with toys, gifts and other necessary supplies. Those gifts would in turn provide an extra touch for those patients and families during their hospital stay. The Red Wagon Project was born.