As you know, your child’s medical condition affects far more than his/her body. Our team of social workers can help you cope with many of the other concerns you may have. They are members of your medical team, providing specialized services to you and your family.
Social workers provide:
- Comprehensive psychosocial assessments
- Crisis intervention
- Patient and family short-term counseling
- Information and referral to hospital and community resources
- Liaison with community agencies
- Assessments for suspected abuse or neglect
- Discharge evaluation regarding impact on family
- Financial resources
- Ongoing psychosocial services for chronically ill children
How to reach us
We are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. A social worker is on call for emergencies, nights, weekends and holidays. To reach a social worker, or for more information, call (615) 936-2113.