Metabolic Bone Disease Clinic
Because metabolic bone disorders in children can be complex, no single doctor can answer all your questions. That's why our clinic coordinates doctors across specialties to treat the whole child and support you as you care for your child's needs. Our goal is to see your child at least once per year in our clinic.
The clinic sees patients on the second Tuesday of each month on the 6th floor of Doctors' Office Tower at Monroe Carell.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all conditions related to metabolic bone disease, including:
- Fibrous dysplasia
- Hypophosphatemic rickets
Meet Your Care Team
Jill H. SimmonsMD
- Diabetes Mellitus: Type 1, Type 2, MODY, CF-Related, Neonatal, Growth Disorders: Short Stature, Gigantism, Metabolic Bone Diseases, Disorders of Mineral Metabolism, Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, Pediatric Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Pituitary Disorders, Thyroid Disorders
Kathryn M. DahirMD
- Diabetes and Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Osteoporosis and Metabolic Bone Disease, Parathyroid
Laura C. DuncanMS, CGC
- Adult Metabolic and Genetic Disorders, Developmental Delay, Genetic Counseling, Medical Genetics, Pediatric Clinical Genetics, Pediatric Genetics, Undiagnosed Disease
Andrew D. FranklinMD, MBA
- Anesthesiology, Cancer pain, Chronic Headache, Complex Region Pain Syndrome, Interventional Pain, Neuropathic Pain, Pain Medicine
Jeffrey E. MartusMD, MS
- Fractures, Limb Deformity, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Spinal Deformity, Spinal Surgery
Why Choose the Metabolic Bone Disease Clinic at Children's Hospital
- Coordination of care
Pediatric specialties in our clinic include endocrinology, orthopaedics, pain service, nutrition, physical therapy and speech therapy. Your child also may have a hearing test, bone density scan and optional visits from pediatric experts in otolaryngology (ENT), pulmonology (lungs and airways), genetics and adult endocrinology.
- Transition of care
We will help your child transition into adulthood, taking more responsibility for their ongoing care through the Vanderbilt adult endocrinology program.
- A team approach
Because metabolic bone disease is so complex, no single doctor can answer all your questions or provide all the care your child needs. That's why we bring together experts from across the medical center for your clinic visit. We share a single patient record and work together with you and your child's doctor to develop a treatment plan.