Pediatric Hip Preservation Clinic
Vanderbilt's Hip Preservation Clinic includes doctors who treat many complicated hip problems in both adults and children. Our experts’ goal is to save hip joints whenever possible, using advanced surgery techniques.
We offer combination surgeries, performing two operations for the same patient at the same time, so your child does not have to return later for a separate surgery.
Our team includes one of the few surgeons in the nation who performs hip replacements for children.
Meet Your Care Team
- Adult Orthopaedics, Joint Replacement, Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedics
- Fractures, Limb Deformity, Musculoskeletal Infection, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Pediatric and Young Adult Hip Conditions
Why Choose the Hip Preservation Clinic at Children's Hospital
- Comprehensive care
With two providers evaluating your child in one visit, we can provide a more complete history and physical exam, and review imaging, so you'll receive a comprehensive, unified care plan.
- Recognized care
U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks us as a top children’s hospital in the nation for orthopedic care.
- A team of experts
Doctors specializing in pediatric orthopedics, sports medicine, arthroplasty surgery and other areas work together to give your child personalized care.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Acetabuloplasty for hip dysplasia
- Bernese periacetabular osteotomy for hip dysplasia
- Bracing and casting for hip dysplasia
- Bracing and casting for Perthes disease
- Combined arthroscopic and open procedures
- Femoral lengthening, minimally invasive with implantable lengthening devices
- Femoral osteoplasty