Acute Care Rehabilitation Services
Acute Care Rehabilitation Services at Monroe Carell provides physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy during a child’s hospitalization through a multi-disciplinary team approach. Our therapists are trained to treat infants, children and young adults with a variety of diagnoses and conditions, and make recommendations for their next level of care.
A hospital department may refer your child to therapy for many reasons, including
- Recovery from a surgery
- Difficulty with communicating or swallowing
- Challenges to completing activities of daily living
- Recovery from a traumatic injury or illness
- At risk for developmental delay or deconditioning related to a prolonged hospital stay.
Conditions We Treat
- Brain and spine trauma
- Developmental delay or regression
- Orthopaedic injuries
- Pediatric cancers