Complex Aerodigestive Evaluation Team (CADET)
A coordinated, multi-disciplinary team that provides answers to complex problems
The CADET Clinic at Children's Hospital brings together teams of specialists to evaluate and care for chronically ill children with complex airway (voice box, windpipe), pulmonary (lung), upper digestive tract (esophagus, stomach), sleep and feeding disorders.
Following your child's appointment in the CADET clinic, we may suggest one or more specific procedures to help understand your child’s condition.
Meet Your Care Team
- Esophageal Diseases, Functional Bowel Disorder, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Interventional Endoscopy, Nutrition, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Aerodigestive Diseases, Asthma, Chronic Mechanical Ventilation, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine, Sleep, Sleep Medicine
- Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Otolaryngology Surgery, Pediatric Airway Reconstruction, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Airway Reconstruction, Breathing Disorders, ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Hearing Loss, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Aerodigestive Diseases, Asthma, Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia, Cystic Fibrosis, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Pediatric Pulmonary Diseases, Pediatric Pulmonary Medicine
- ENT Ear, Nose, Throat (Otolaryngology), Otolaryngology, Pediatric Ear, Nose, and Throat Conditions, Pediatric Otolaryngology, Sleep Disorders
- Esophageal Diseases, Functional Bowel Disorder, Nutrition, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
Why Choose the Complex Aerodigestive Evaluation Team at Children‘s Hospital
- Collaborative care
Your child sees the team of specialists in one appointment and in one room. These specialists work together during the appointment, communicate with each other and share the same record to determine the best plan of care for your child.
- Coordinated care
If your child needs further evaluation in the operating room, we use anesthesia only once. We schedule other procedures to be done at the same time. This helps the healthcare team to review your child’s test together and compare results, and keeps your child from having to get anesthesia for separate procedures.
- Convenient care
Combining clinic visits, diagnostic procedures, and operating room visits offers your child higher quality care, less discomfort, and fewer hospital and clinical visits. By coordinating evaluations from our clinics, laboratories, radiologists and surgical procedures, we provide answers to difficult questions as quickly as possible.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments, and services including: