Leukemia and Lymphoma Program
Leukemia and lymphomas are some of the most common cancers that affect children, adolescents and young adults. They are highly diverse and require an individualized approach to diagnosis and therapy. In collaboration with the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, we offer access to new and leading-edge treatment and clinical trials. Our team of experts will follow your child throughout their cancer journey.
Conditions We Treat
We treat all conditions related to leukemia and lymphoma, including:
- Anaplastic large cell lymphoma
- Cutaneous lymphoma
- Diffuse large B cell lymphoma
- Follicular lymphoma
Meet Your Care Team
Debra L. FriedmanMD, MS
- Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, General Hematology and Oncology, Leukemia and Lymphoma, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Solid Organ Malignancies
Scott C. BorinsteinMD, PhD
- Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, General Hematology and Oncology, Leukemia and Lymphoma, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Sarcoma, Solid Organ Malignancies
James A. ConnellyMD, BS
- Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Pediatric Genetics, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Immunodeficiency, Pediatric Metabolic Disorders, Sickle Cell Disease, Stem Cell Transplant
Adam J. EsbenshadeMD, MSCI
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, General Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Richard H. HoMD, MSCI
- Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Stem Cell Transplant
Why Choose Care at Monroe Carell for Leukemia and Lymphoma
- Specialty care
As part of the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, a Comprehensive Cancer Center designated by the National Cancer Institute, we have internationally recognized leaders in leukemia and lymphoma clinical care and research.
- Access to clinical trials
With our unique team approach, we have expertise treating children, adolescents and young adults with many clinical trial options.
- Leading-edge treatments
In addition to chemotherapy, we are able to offer a new and exciting therapy for hard to treat or recurrent leukemia. CAR T cell therapy takes your child’s own immune cells and reprograms them to kill the leukemia. Together with the Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center, we are only one of a small number of institutions in the country in the nation to offer CAR T cell therapy for recurrent leukemia and lymphoma in children, adolescents and young adults, as well as chemotherapy, immunotherapy and stem cell transplant.
- Collaborative care
A team of pediatric oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, other medical specialists, geneticists, nurses, social workers, psychologists, physical therapists, teachers and nutritionists work together to provide fully coordinated medical and supportive care.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Radiation therapy