Project SEARCH at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Filling business needs with qualified people living with developmental disabilities since 2005.
The ideal Internship candidate
- Has met high school certificate/diploma requirements
- Is eligible for Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Desires competitive employment at Vanderbilt
- Communicates effectively
- Accepts and improves from constructive feedback
- Has an ultimate goal of working independently
- Takes pride in personal and professional appearance
- Is willing to learn new job skills
- Is comfortable working in a health care setting
Once admitted into the program, we provide the following services:
- Personal job readiness training in realistic, inclusive settings
- Job coaching, as needed, throughout training
- Personal career planning and job search
- Travel training, such as using public transportation, locating rideshare options, creating back-up or weather related travel plans
- Help with resume writing and the application process
Give to Project Search
Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt
2200 Children’s Way, B-320
Nashville, TN 37232-9633
Your gift to our program is the spark of pride and independence.
This project is funded under an agreement with the State of Tennessee.