Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Providing inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services for children and adolescents
Our mental health specialists care for children ages 4-12 and adolescents ages 13-17 with many different emotional or behavior problems, including depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
We provide a safe place for all children and young adults to heal and learn positive behaviors. Care is personalized to help your child or young adult. Treatment may include:
- Full or partial inpatient care
- Comprehensive health assessment (psychiatric, medical, nutritional, social behavior)
- Outpatient counseling
- Individual, group and family counseling
- Activity and physical fitness therapy
- Help with managing everyday behaviors, social skills and communication
- Nutritional education
- Treatment for psychotic episodes (our First Episode Program)
Meet Your Care Team
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Bipolar Disorder, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Mood Disorder, Psychiatry
- Autism Disorders, Clinical Psychologist, Hearing and Speech Sciences, Mood Disorder, Psychiatry
- Autism, Clinical Psychologist, Developmental Delay, Pediatric Developmental Medicine
Why Choose Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Vanderbilt
- Exclusive care
We are the only provider of inpatient mental health services for children in Middle Tennessee.
- Specialized care
We offer specialized services for children ages 4 through 12 who have emotional or behavioral challenges.
- Inpatient and outpatient options
We offer many inpatient and outpatient options for children and young adults. Our inpatient clinics are supervised by board-certified psychologists.
- Therapy options
Therapy options include individual and group sessions, family therapy, activity and physical fitness therapy, nutritional education and help with improving everyday behaviors, social skills and communication.
- Convenient care
Your child may benefit from our partial hospitalization program for adolescents. This program allows teens to participate in daytime therapy and group activities while continuing to live at home or college.
- Unique programming
We offer our First Episode Program for teens experiencing psychotic disorders. Our school program offers care in 48 campuses of Metro-Nashville Public Schools.