Babies have their best opportunity to thrive when we identify developmental challenges early, begin interventions, and provide families with the resources they need. Our Neonatal Development Clinic cares for babies and toddlers who were born prematurely, need special care after birth, are at risk for developmental delays or have ongoing medical problems.
Our clinic provides individualized assessment services for babies and toddlers up to age three. We also offer early intervention referrals, nutrition guidance and medication recommendations.
Our clinic receives support through funding from the State of Tennessee.
NICU Follow-Up Appointments
If your baby was in the Vanderbilt NICU, you will receive an appointment date upon discharge. We also accept age-appropriate referrals from community providers. Call (615) 322-3475 to make, change or cancel an appointment.
Clinic visit schedule
- 6 months and 12 months for developmental evaluations
- 18 months and 30 months for follow up on any developmental concerns
- 2 years and 3 years for standardized developmental testing
Meet Your Care Team
Neill A. BroderickPhD
- Autism, Child Development, Clinical Psychologist, Developmental Delay, Pediatric Developmental Medicine
Alice P. LawrenceMD
- Cerebral Palsy, Child Development, Developmental Medicine, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization, Pediatric Developmental Medicine
Rachel H. GoodeMD
- Autism, Child Development, Developmental Delay, Developmental Medicine, Down Syndrome, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization
Amanda L. MouveryMSN, BSN, APRN, DNP
- Developmental Delay, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization, Pediatric Developmental Medicine, Pediatric Neonatology