Pediatric and Adolescent HIV/AIDS Clinic
Having a child with known or suspected HIV infections is a life-changing event. Our HIV/AIDS clinic at Monroe Carell provides you and and your family with the best opportunity for managing the disease and living a healthy life. Our testing and treatment services include:
- Monitoring medications such as AZT
- Treatment and regular clinic visits for children with confirmed HIV
- Working with primary care doctors to improve care
- Family resources such as social workers, case managers and researchers
Our clinic operates on a referral-only basis. Patients in our clinic have already visited withe their pediatrician or primary care doctor and received a referral to us for additional patient care.
Meet Your Care Team
Gregory J. WilsonMD
- HIV, Infectious Diseases, Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Periodic Fever, Primary Immunodeficiencies, Secondary Immunodeficiencies
Why Choose Children's Hospital for Pediatric & Adolescent HIV/AIDS Care
Our HIV/AIDS team works one-on-one with patients to provide a customized plan for noninvasive, invasive, laboratory, and outpatient services.
- Collaborative care
We work with other clinics and programs within the Division of Infectious Diseases to ensure HIV-infected children get the best possible care. Your child will receive treatment from experienced doctors, residents, fellows and nurses who are on the leading edge of HIV/AIDS research.
- Comprehensive care
Our HIV clinic is also linked to the Comprehensive Care Center to provide superior care for pregnant HIV-infected mothers. With proper care, the risk of a child with an HIV-positive mother becoming infected is rare. However, we carefully follow these children until their status is determined.