Congenital Heart Defect Neurodevelopmental Follow-up Program
Many newborns with complex heart defects (CHD) are now surviving thanks to pioneering improvements in surgery and neonatal care. As these babies grow, evidence shows that some are having developmental issues, such as impaired fine muscle movements, speech problems and learning difficulties.
Our follow-up program can help reduce developmental problems through early evaluation, prompt treatment and ongoing follow-up.
Because babies with CHD are at high risk for delays and deficits in development, our goals are to
- Screen and identify problems as early as possible
- Evaluate problems with standardized assessments
- Support families and refer children for effective treatments and services
We work closely with community pediatricians to aid in the screening, referrals and improvement of neurodevelopmental care of these vulnerable children.
For more information about our program, call (615) 343-0191.
Meet Your Care Team
- Autism, Child Development, Clinical Psychologist, Developmental Delay, Pediatric Developmental Medicine
- Autism, Child Development, Developmental Delay, Developmental Medicine, Down Syndrome, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization
- Cerebral Palsy, Child Development, Developmental Medicine, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization, Pediatric Developmental Medicine
- Developmental Delay, Neonatology, Neurodevelopmental Follow up After NICU Hospitalization, Pediatric Developmental Medicine, Pediatric Neonatology