Nephrology and Hypertension
Nationally ranked in pediatric hypertension and nephrology care
Whether your child needs an evaluation or has a condition requiring a kidney transplant, we understand the unique challenges of children living with kidney problems. The specialists at Children’s Hospital work in partnership with you and your family to provide a healing and supportive environment for your child.
Conditions We Treat
- Chronic kidney disease
- Electrolyte disorders
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Kidney stones
- Kidney transplant
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Renal tubular disorders
Meet Your Care Team
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Congenital Anomalies of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract, Glomerulonephritis, Kidney Transplantation, Kidney and Pancreas Transplant, Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, Glomerulonephritis, Kidney Stones and Nephrocalcinosis, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Proteinuria and Nephrotic Syndrome
- Congenital Anomalies of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract, Cystic Kidney Diseases, Electrolyte and Acid-base Disorders, Glomerulonephritis, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Proteinuria and Nephrotic Syndrome
- Congenital Anomalies of the Kidneys and Urinary Tract, Cystic Kidney Diseases, Glomerulonephritis, Hypertension, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Proteinuria and Nephrotic Syndrome
- Chronic Kidney Disease, Dialysis, Hematuria, Hypertension, Nephrology, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Proteinuria
- Acute Outpatient Illnesses, General Pediatrics, Medical Home Continuity of Care, Mild to Moderate Asthma Management, Pediatric General Pediatrics, Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension, Primary Care Prevention
Why Choose Nephrology and Hypertension Care at Children’s Hospital
- Expert care
Vanderbilt Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension is recognized as one of the nation’s best by U.S News & World Report for delivering leading-edge, compassionate care to children.
- Family-centered care
You know your child best. So we work with you to create a specialized healthcare plan based on what is best for your child’s health. At Children’s Hospital, you are always a key member of your child’s care team.
- Innovative research
Our doctors and surgeons are at the forefront of pediatric research and education. Our nationally recognized researchers are committed to finding new ways to better understand, treat and ultimately prevent childhood diseases and maximize child health. You can be part of this process as well.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments, and services including:
- Kidney biopsies
- Renal replacement therapy
- Therapeutic apheresis