Red Blood Cell Disorders Clinic
At Vanderbilt we understand that red blood cell disorders require a correct diagnosis from the beginning. The treatment we offer your child depends on what problems anemia is causing. The Red Blood Cell Disorders Clinic at Children's Hospital is here to provide you and your family a diagnosis that leads to the best treatment.
Services we offer
- Comprehensive, family-centered care
- Education and counseling
- Advocacy programs with local, regional, and national organizations
- Participation in clinical trials and research
Conditions We Treat
- Sickle-cell anemia
- Hereditary spherocytosis and other red cell disorders
- G6PD deficiency and other RBC enzyme deficiencies
- Hemolytic anemia
- Iron deficiency anemia
Meet Your Care Team
- Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Sickle Cell Disease
- General Hematology and Oncology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Why Choose Care at Children’s Hospital for Pediatric Hematology
- Experienced care
Our medical professionals and family support team members have experience and special interest in caring for children and young adults with blood disorders. We work closely with your family to determine the best treatment options and approach.
- Lab services
Our clinic offers comprehensive laboratory services to quickly and accurately identify the cause of anemia.
- Convenient care
For those who need them, we can provide blood transfusion and intravenous medicine infusions in our clinic. This maximizes convenience and safety.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments, and services including:
- Blood product transfusions
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Medication management