Adolescent and Young Adult Health
Adolescents and young adults have unique health care needs. That's why Monroe Carell offers the Adolescent and Young Adult Health Clinic in Nashville. Our team specializes in promoting the physical and emotional well-being of adolescents and young adults from ages 12 to 22. Our services include outpatient and inpatient care.
In addition to primary care, we connect patients with specialists for concerns about reproductive health, eating disorders, growth and development, chronic pain and other conditions. At your referring provider's request, we will assume responsibility for your child's care until the problem is resolved.
Our team has the experience and specialized training to care for a variety of adolescent and young adult health issues beyond acute illness and injury. We treat patients with complex medical and psychosocial concerns. Our team also coordinates services for adolescents and young adults with special healthcare needs.
Meet Your Care Team
Debra K. Braun-CourvilleMD
- Acne, Adolescent Medicine, Adolescent Primary Care, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Contraception, Eating Disorders, Menstrual Disorders
Neerav A. DesaiMD
- Adolescent Medicine, Adolescent Primary Care, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Eating Disorders
Alex B. DiamondDO, MPH
- Adolescent Medicine, Adolescent Sports Medicine, Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine
Bradley W. FreemanMD
- Adolescent and Young Adult Health, Anxiety Disorders, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Depression, Eating Disorders, Mood Disorder, Psychiatry
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including:
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) counseling and prescription
- Reproductive health care
- Sports physicals