The Pediatric Neurocritical Care team at Monroe Carell treats children with severe injury or illness affecting any part of the neuroaxis, from the brain and spine to the peripheral nerves and muscles. Our multidisciplinary team evaluates, monitors and treats patients with a wide range of diseases and conditions. We also work to stabilize and monitor critically ill children to prevent further injury before neurosurgery or other procedures take place. Our team includes specialists in critical care, neurology, neurosurgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neuroradiology, nursing, respiratory therapy, pharmacy and others.
Meet Your Care Team
- Child Neurology, Developmental Delay, Epilepsy, Pediatric Neurology, Seizure Disorders
- Neurosciences, Pediatric Neurology, Stroke and Cerebrovascular, Vascular Neurology
- Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Craniofacial Surgery, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery
- Brain Tumor/Cancer, Epilepsy, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurosciences, Tumors of the Spine and Spinal Cord
- Aneurysm, Cerebral, Arteriovenous Malformations, Cerebrovascular Disease, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Hydrocephalus, Movement Disorders, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurosciences
- Brachial Plexus and Peripheral Nerve Injury, Compression or Tumors, Congenital Malformations of the Brain and Spinal Cord, Neurological Surgery, Neurosciences, Pediatric Neurologic Surgery, Pediatric Neurosurgery, Stroke and Cerebrovascular
- Allergy / Pulmonary and Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine, Pediatric Critical Care
Why Trust Neurocritical Care at Monroe Carell
- Innovative care
We are an affiliated institution of the Pediatric Neurocritical Care Research Group (PNCRG). Through our membership in this worldwide community of neurocritical experts, we have access to the latest multi-center clinical trials, shared knowledge and leading-edge research. This means your child will benefit from a global network of expertise now and in the future when in need of neuro-intensive care.
- Recognized care
We are part of a critical care unit that serves as a regional and national referral center. Our hospital is a Level 1 Trauma Center, a Level 4 Epilepsy Center, an ELSO Platinum Level Center for Excellence in ECMO, and nationally ranked for Neurology and Neurosurgery as well as Cardiology and Heart Surgery.
- Patient-centered care
Our early mobility team helps patients with brain injuries and illnesses recover more quickly and experience better long-term health. This group of doctors; nurses; child life specialists; and physical, occupational and speech therapists works together in a child and family-centered way that is rare among similar programs.
- Latest technologies
Our Neurocritical Care program features multi-modal monitoring, which offers the latest technology for children with critical brain injuries. Our low-dose CT scanning provides safer imaging results.
- Responsible care
We support the Image Gently Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging, dedicated to raising awareness of lower radiation doses in imaging for children's health care. Monroe Carell also supports and practices the radiation safety principle of ALARA, which stands for “as low as reasonably achievable.”