Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery Center
The Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery Center at Children’s Hospital treats young patients with skull base tumors. We recognize the long-term implications of skull base tumors on children and their families. No two patients have the same needs. That's why we use a comprehensive and collaborative approach in our care.
Our goal is to provide your child and family with care that will not only treat the underlying condition, but also optimize your child’s physical abilities. From initial diagnosis through treatment, we provide ongoing support, including follow-up visits with our team members. Our hope is to prevent a tumor's return and minimize complications.
Meet Your Care Team
- Brain Tumor/Cancer, Epilepsy, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Disorders, Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurosciences, Tumors of the Spine and Spinal Cord
- Amblyopia, Cross Eyes / Strabismus, Ophthalmology, Pediatric Cataract, Pediatric Ocular Tumor, Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Brain and Spinal Cord Tumors, Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, General Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Aneurysm, Cerebral, Arteriovenous Malformations, Cerebrovascular Disease, Neurologic Surgery, Neurological Surgery, Neurology, Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Diabetes Mellitus: Type 1, Type 2, MODY, CF-Related, Neonatal, Growth Disorders: Short Stature, Gigantism, Pediatric Diabetes and Endocrinology, Pediatric Diabetes, Endocrinology and Metabolism, Pubertal Disorders: Precocious and Delayed, Thyroid Disorders, Turner Syndrome, Klinefelter Syndrome
Why Choose the Skull Base and Pituitary Surgery Center
- Access to specialists
You will have access to neurosurgeons; ear, nose and throat surgeons; ophthalmologists; endocrinologists and oncologists.
- A team approach
Our specialists provide personalized care for your child’s unique skull base problems. Together, we determine the best treatment options to help effectively manage this condition.
- Unique care
Ours is the only pediatric skull base center in Tennessee.
- Advanced treatments
Our physicians excel at, and in some cases create, the latest treatments and technologies for skull base tumors.
- Coordinated care
Our clinic coordinator will help you schedule appointments, and gather medical records and test results. Our team will guide you through the duration of your care plan.