The Vanderbilt Pediatric Thrombosis Program provides comprehensive care to patients with blood clots and inherited blood clotting disorders. We also provide care to many individuals who require treatment with blood thinning medications due to other medical conditions including congenital heart disease, mechanical heart valves and kidney diseases.
Services we offer
- Comprehensive, family-centered care
- Education and counseling
- Advocacy programs with local, regional, and national organizations
- Participation in clinical trials and research
Meet Your Care Team
- General Hematology and Oncology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Vascular Anomalies and Malformations
- General Hematology and Oncology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Why Choose Care at the Children’s Hospital Thrombosis Program
- Experienced care
Our medical professionals and family support team members have experience and special interest in caring for children and young adults with blood clotting problems and those who require treatment with blood thinning medications. We work closely with your family to determine the best treatment options and approach.
Our comprehensive team consists of physicians, nurses and nurse practitioners, as well as specialists in pharmacy, social work and child life. We partner with clinical sub-specialists in the pediatric and adult hospital to provide coordinated care for a wide variety of clinical needs and services.
- Dedicated lab services
Our clinic offers comprehensive laboratory services to quickly and accurately make the correct diagnosis to bring treatment sooner to your child.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments, and services including:
- Anticoagulation/Blood thinners
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Specialized coagulation testing and counseling