Pediatric Heart Institute
Nationally ranked for pediatric heart care
In this age of high-tech medicine, listening to a child’s heart is still a critical tool for finding problems. Our cardiologists at the Pediatric Heart Institute diagnose and treat children with minor and complex heart problems. We coordinate care with your child’s doctor and support your family from initial consultation to follow-up. Your access to experts includes same-day or next-day consultations for urgent needs.
Conditions We Treat
Some of the many pediatric cardiac conditions we treat include:
Meet Your Care Team
- General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease
- Cardio-Oncology, Cardiovascular Medicine, General Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric Heart Transplant
- Adult Congenital Heart and Valve Disease, Cardiac Surgery, Cardiac/Heart Transplantation, Congenital Heart Diseases, Pediatric Cardiac Surgery, Pediatric Heart Transplant, Pediatric Surgery
- Heart Failure, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease, Pediatric Critical Care
Why Choose the Pediatric Heart Institute at Children's Hospital
- Pediatric heart excellence
The Pediatric Heart Institute at Children's Hospital is recognized as one of the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report for delivering leading-edge, compassionate care to children. Our program is also recognized as an Aetna Pediatric Heart Disease Center of Excellence.
- Recognized care
High quality care and specialized disease management has led to our accreditation by the Children's Cardiomyopathy Foundation (CCF), a national non-profit committed to improving health outcomes and quality of life for children with cardiomyopathy.
- Coordinated care
We treat all congenital and acquired heart conditions in children, and we provide second opinions on diagnoses you may have received from other providers. As part of a comprehensive academic medical center, we also provide a seamless transition of care from childhood into adulthood.
- Experienced care
Children’s Hospital is a part of the Vanderbilt Heart Transplant program, performing more heart transplants than any other program in the world.
- Dedicated intensive care
Following heart surgery, children go to our Pediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit. Unlike ICUs in adult hospitals, our unit includes equipment sized just for kids, and experts who are specialists in caring for children with heart disease.
- Specialized anesthesiology care
Our team of pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists and cardiac certified registered nurse anesthetists have specialized training and experience in providing anesthetics during heart surgeries for children. We carefully select these experts to join the Children's Hospital staff after they complete years of additional training in this field.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments and services, including: