Hematology Clinical Trials Program
The Hematology Clinical Trials Program at Children's Hospital allows children with blood disorders and their families to participate in national and international research studies. If your child is eligible for a study, you can help improve our understanding of hematologic disorders. This can determine the best treatments for your child and other patients.
Our clinical trials include studies that investigate the cause, development and effects of hematologic disorders. We also pursue studies to improve population health and to discover new treatment options for our patients.
Meet Your Care Team
- General Hematology and Oncology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Vascular Anomalies and Malformations
- Division of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, Sickle Cell Disease
- General Hematology and Oncology, Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
Why Choose Care at the Vanderbilt Hematology Clinical Trials Program
- Recognized care
Vanderbilt offers a nationally recognized, federally funded Hemophilia Treatment Center (HTC) that can aid in clinical support for our patients throughout research trials. Our research team, including research nurses, data specialists and other support staff, chooses studies that will not only benefit the HTC community, but will also provide up-to-date and novel treatment options for patients who choose to participate.
- Comprehensive care
Our comprehensive program for children with clotting disorders coordinates care with our other subspecialty care teams. We aim to improve anticoagulation safety and options for your child.
- Sickle Cell Center of Excellence
The Vanderbilt-Meharry-Matthew Walker Center of Excellence in Sickle Cell Disease is a federally funded program and a national leader in sickle cell treatment and research. We participate in both national and international studies aimed to improve our understanding of Sickle Cell Disease and improve treatment options for your child.
- Increasing options
As our program grows, we will continue providing more options to improve our understanding of pediatric hematologic disease, as well as treatment options for your child.
Tests, Treatments and Services
We offer a full range of tests, treatments, and services including:
- Anticoagulation/Blood thinners
- Blood product transfusions
- Coagulation factor infusions
- Experimental therapeutics
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Medication management
- Specialized coagulation testing and counseling
- Therapeutic apheresis