Pediatric Plastic Surgery
Pediatric Plastic Surgery at Monroe Carell offers diagnosis, treatment and comprehensive patient-centered care for acquired or congenital cosmetic and reconstructive problems in children and adolescents.
Physicians may fax referrals to our program at (615) 875-1731.
Meet Your Care Team
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Craniofacial Surgery, Maxillofacial Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
- Breast Reconstructive Surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate, Fetal Surgery for Spina Bifida, Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Cleft Lip and Palate, Ear Deformities, Facial Paralysis, Hand Surgery, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Peripheral Nerve, Plastic Surgery
- Congenital Abnormalities Presenting in the Newborn Period, Craniofacial Surgery, Facial and Jaw Reconstruction, Neonatology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Otolaryngology, Pediatric Cleft Lip and Palate
- Fractures, Hand Surgery, Orthopaedics, Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
Why Choose Pediatric Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at Monroe Carell
- Experienced care
You have access to top doctors and leading-edge treatments at Monroe Carell, as well as our unique team approach to care. Plastic Surgery has been a core service at Vanderbilt for nearly 100 years, and one of the most well-developed programs in the nation. We focus our skills and compassion on delivering the best possible care and family experience.
- Coordinated care
Our care team works with surgeons and specialists to establish a relationship with your family and provide personalized team-based care. We bring together experts in pediatric care and surgery throughout Monroe Carell to ensure your child has the most comprehensive care possible. Our dedicated patient navigator will guide your family through every appointment.
- Pioneers in fetal surgery
Vanderbilt is one of the few centers in the nation that performs fetal surgery to help repair spinal cord defects. We work closely with neurosurgeons and maternal-fetal experts in this program.
- Hand surgery specialist
Our Hand and Upper Extremity program features a double fellowship-trained doctor in pediatric hand surgery, upper extremity surgery and reconstructive microsurgery.
- General care
Our general reconstructive plastic surgery services include extremity reconstruction, facial trauma surgery and reanimation, and burn reconstruction and surgery. Our surgeons have advanced training and expertise in reconstructive microsurgery. We work closely with our orthopedic trauma and cancer surgeons before, during and after surgery.
- Facial reconstruction
Our facial reconstructive and reanimation services can help normal growth and development of the skull and face. Our pediatric craniofacial surgeons specialize in repair and reconstruction of broken facial or skull bones and cuts, no matter the size or complexity. We specialize in caring for children with facial weakness, paralysis, and asymmetry.
- Burn reconstruction
Our burn reconstruction services, using laser treatment and surgery, offers the most advanced treatments and rehabilitative care for pediatric burn injuries.